The fashion industry isn’t all business — it’s a lifestyle. A wide variety of individuals have built their lives and careers around fashion. If designers are the pants and jacket, then models, photographers, bloggers and tastemakers are the accessories, without which the outfit would fail to succeed.
If this concept is over your head, let’s simplify it — we’re talking 140 characters simple. Some of the most important players on the style scene have found a home on Twitter, where they share their daily musings with the world.
We’ve rounded up 10 of the most follow-worthy, fashion-minded members of the Twittersphere. Far from mere self-promotion, these avid tweeters offer a glimpse into the material world of aesthetics and creativity, and boast the colorful personalities to match their professions. Let us know who you would add in the comments.
- @DerekBlasberg - Blasberg is currently the editor at large of Harper’s Bazaar, as well as the senior editor at V Magazine and VMAN.
- @CathyHorynNYT - Horyn is the fashion critic of The New York Times.
- @alexa_chung - Chung is a British model-turned-TV personality.
- @ManRepeller - Leandra Medine takes outfits men may initially find appealing (short dresses, etc.) and creates looks unfathomable to the opposite sex
- @Sartorialist - Scott Schuman, a.k.a. The Sartoriliast, is a renowned street style photographer.
- @TheLSD - LSD is short for Lauren Santo Domingo, socialite and founder of Moda Operandi.
- @fuggirls - Go Fug Yourselfis based on the idea that fugly is the new pretty.
- @cocorocha - Canadian fashion model known in the fashion industry for both her looks and charming personality.
- @bryanboy - Original and humorous blogger.
- @TimGunn - loveable mentor on Project Runway.